RPM Fest is an annual three-day outdoor heavy rock, punk, and metal festival that takes place in Greenfield, MA in late August and features around 50 bands, camping, vendors, games, and more. Our goal is to produce not just your typical concert with a bunch of bands, but a weekend-long experience that's unlike anything you've ever attended.
- "The most life-changing event I've ever had the absolute pleasure of being a part of."
- "A summer metal festival meets a family barbecue."
- "One of the best festivals I've ever been to."
- "We've had the privilege of playing a lot of festivals this summer, and I have had WAY more fun here."
- "Few things in this life make me happier than being at RPM Fest."
The festival, organized by Promotorhead Entertainment and PDP Productions, is the culmination of an underground heavy music scene that has been brewing over the past decade. We have a mutual love of heavy music, 30+ years of combined experience in concert booking, promoting, and live sound, and the desire to put on a high-quality event while keeping the cost affordable for our attendees.
RPM Fest takes place in Western Massachusetts - a relatively rural area, but a hotbed of heavy music that spawned nationally-recognized bands such as Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall. Since our inception in 2014, we've seen a resurgence in bands and venues here and in the surrounding areas. Each year, over 600 bands apply to play RPM Fest, and the task of narrowing that field down to something near 50 is a difficult one when there's so much talent and dedication in our music community.
Our goal is to keep fostering the local heavy music scene by showcasing some of the best underground bands that New England has to offer. In future iterations of RPM Fest, we plan to bring bigger national headlining acts and additional sponsors and vendors. Looking further into the future, we hope use the momentum from RPM Fest to found an independent music venue that will become a regular stop on the touring circuit for nationally-known rock, punk, and metal bands.
Any questions? Look on the RPM Fest FAQ page for answers.
Here's what some fans and bands have said about past RPM Fests:
- "Just what this summer needed, great job everyone, awesome fest!!"
- "Thank you so much to everyone who made this weekend so fantastic! Your hard work was VERY much appreciated!"
- "What an amazing weekend. Good job to all who made it happen and to all who made it awesome!"
- "Every band was awesome. Every person was awesome. Thank you to all of you. It was so great to meet probably a hundred people i've only met on the internet in real life."
- "Great times were had! Thanks to all who put this together, all the bands, and everyone else."
- "What an AMAZING fest of awesome bands! The whole thing was so organized and well planned! Good job to all of the crew and bands! YALL ROCK!!!"
- "That was the most life-changing event I've ever had the absolute pleasure of being a part of."
- "This past weekend at RPM Fest was probably one of the best things I've ever had the pleasure to be a part of in my entire life."
- "RPM Fest was one of the best weekends I've ever had in my life."
- "Thank you! Amazing job everyone!! We had an absolute blast! Thank you for inviting us to play! Here's to next year!!"
- "That was the greatest time i think I've ever had playing music. Congratulations on the enormous success that was RPM fest."
- "Can't say it enough...thank you for everything!!!!!!!!!!!"
- "RPM Fest was one of the most fun shows we've ever played. Super great time, run well, by people who know what they're doing."
- "Thank you... This was a very special weekend. I needed that guys..."
- "I am still in awe of how well Saturday went! Everything was so well organized, and everyone there was cool and helpful!"
- "AWESOME!! Mind if I just camp here until next year?"
- "This has been one of the BEST Festivals I have been to in a long time! Bar NONE!! Whole event went off without a hitch! I am honored to be a part of this crazy, musical family!"
- "This entire weekend was awesome and I love each and every one of you. And next year's is gonna be even better!"
- "This fest was one of the best local shows i have ever been to. Just because of it being 2 days 32 bands and getting to camp out in the woods."
- "This ruled so hard."
- "RPM Fest was a blast!! Thanks for an amazing time."
- "Nice work this weekend, everyone!"
- "We want to thank everyone so much for asking us to play this fantastic show this weekend. one of the best festivals I've ever been to."
- "Thank you so much!!! It was an amazing time!!"
- "Scrolling down my news feed and seeing all the awesome photos and videos of RPM Makes me miss it already. Can't wait for next year!"
- "But seriously, how amazing was RPMFest?"
- "RPM Fest was truly an incredible experience! We cannot thank every single band, fan, staff member enough!"
- "We had an amazing time this past weekend at RPM Fest out in Greenfield. For those that missed it, hopefully you can make it next year, because what an awesome event. So many good bands, so many good people, it was quite surreal."
- "The First RPM fest was awesome! What an honor being invited to play. Thanks to everyone who participated and helped make this event happen. Same time again next year?"
- "Well... This weekend ruled. A big thank you to everyone who made RPM Fest possible and thanks to everyone who came. Playing for you all and hanging out and meeting you all was absolutely awesomeeeee."
- "Just played RPM Fest in Greenfield, MA. What a great time. Thanks for having us!"